|Name of project:
||Modernisation of railway station Sokolov
||ISPROFIN 541 352 0005
|Client's contract number:
|Contractor's contract number:
||Viamont DSP - SK280002, Subterra – 0703 0 037
|Place of project:
|Start and end of construction:
||1.4.2008 – 31.8.2009
|Total costs of construction:
|Financing of construction:
||State Transport Infrastructure Fund (STIF)
|Client - construction investor:
||Railway Infrastructure Administration, state organisation (RIA)
|Contractor of project for
construction and authorial
|SUDOP PRAHA a.s., Olšanská 1a, 130 80 Praha 3
||RIA, construction administration Plzeň
||Association "Sokolovské nádraží"
Viamont DSP a.s. – leading member of association
Subterra a.s. – member of association
|Head of construction:
||Radovan Otto, Viamont DSP a.s.
|Aims of project:
||The aim and subject of the construction specification "Modernisation of railway station Sokolov" is the Sokolov passenger railway station. The Sokolov railway station (referred to hereinafter as the railway station) comes under the node railway station Karlovy Vary. The actual Sokolov railway station is divided into the Sokolov passenger railway station and Sokolov marshalling yard part. The Sokolov railway station is on railway line No 533 Karlovy Vary – Cheb. The track Sokolov - Kraslice – state border Germany branches off from the Sokolov railway station. This is a station with a great volume of passenger and freight traffic, both instate and international. At present the Sokolov railway station has no island platform, which significantly influences the capacity of the station and thus the entire railway track. The existing arrangement without multi-level platforms also influences safety of passengers when boarding and alighting from trains. It was primarily the safety of passengers with increased quality of travel that lead to the preparation of implementation for construction and modernisation of the railway station, including island platform accessible through a subway.
|1. At the Sokolov railway station a new roofed island platform 250m long will be created between tracks No 1 and 2. For trains in the direction of Kraslice a new side platform 100m long will be created next to the dispatch building. All platforms will have a platform height of 550 mm above the rail surface. Access to the island platform will be ensured via a new subway. Barrier free access to the island platform will be ensured at the dispatch building and on the platforms by self-service lifts. The subway is designed with exit to the island platform and in the place of the platform at the existing Czech Rail dispatch building. On the basis of the initiative of representatives of the town of Sokolov there was an expansion in the specification of the project of the construction to include an extension of the subway to the area "beyond the railway station", which would allow a better mutual linkage of parts of the town and rail transport to urban transport.
2. The track structure and railway bed of track No 1 and 2 have long had a poor technical condition, which is influenced by the unsatisfactory state of the undrained railway bed. There are often speed restrictions on the existing dual-track connection. The basic change of track solution at the Sokolov railway station will be in the place of the existing track No 2, i.e., between tracks No 1 and 2 in a new position where the roofed island platform will be built. As part of the implementation of the railway bed, drainage will be performed, which will guarantee the load capacity of the ground base and the new railway bed. Tracks number 4, 4a, 4b, 10, part of number 5 and part of number 12 beyond the ramp will be removed. Track number 1 and 2 will be completely reconstructed at km 207.391 to 208.639. At the same time 23 existing points will be replaced with new generation points for the relevant track. Before the dispatch building an axis distance of 9.5 m will be created. After the removal of track No 5, a platform will be built at track No 3 linked by an access walkway with the dispatch building.
3. In view of its age and general wear, the existing electro-mechanical safety equipment at the passenger station and marshalling yard no longer meets the current requirements for operation and safety of rail traffic. Its reconstruction is necessary for the introduction of right-side traffic on the entire existing section with left-side traffic (Karlovy Vary - Sokolov), which is anticipated after the completion of the construction "Modernisation of railway station Sokolov". The new station safety equipment of electronic type with control station allows the management of traffic on the entire track section. New external elements, - home signals, marshalling and point-operating apparatus will be created. The other parts of the secured track will be equipped with an axle counter.
4. As part of the modernisation of the railway station it is necessary to perform a change of all existing bridging and engineering objects into the state required by the principles of modernisation and optimisation of selected railway network of the Czech Republic. The reconstruction of the railway bridge over the Svatava at 208.664 will also be dealt with.
5. The alterations to traction current wring follow the alterations of railway bed and track structure, energy calculations, connection of transformer stations for safety equipment and electrical heating of exchangers. Compared with the processed and handed over project, it is necessary to perform a reconstruction of the main HR circuit and its relocation from the basement of the dispatch building to the first floor above ground level, including basic backbone circuits and necessary construction repairs.
6. Other investments and construction projects are prepared in the area of the construction site and its immediate surroundings. Some of them are directly associated or link up with the construction "Modernisation of railway station Sokolov" and are in various states of preparation, for example: Construction of new bus station, including urban bus stops and adjustment of surface and new access roads to subway from Dr. Kocourka Street.
|Course of construction:
||● The construction project was processed in 06/2007 and on the date 25.06.2007 building permission for that part of the construction which can be described as railway construction was requested from the Railway Office. In the course of the month of August 2007 all other interested building offices were also asked to issue construction permits for the remaining parts of the construction.
● Construction work started in March 2008 (17.03.2008) with the zero stage, when the creation of the new base for traction current lines started on the side of the odd tracks.
● The main closure activity of the first phase of the first stage was started according to the plan on the date 31.03.2008 with a closure of the 2nd to 16th track and relevant points of the so-called "Karlovy Vary" gridiron. Implementation of the work was carried out on objects of the track structure, railway bed, on alterations to the traction current lines (TCL), rerouting of cables, creation of protectors for heating of exchangers and cables of safety equipment. Two provisional platforms were created at track No 6 and 8, each 250m long, and 70m long at the 10th track.
● On the date 02.05.2008 there was a technical and safety test (TST) of the track structure, railway bed and provisional platform, and then the new tracks Nos 2 and 4 were immediately put into operation. At the same time the closure of the 2nd phase 1st stage was initiated according to the timetable.
● As of the date 09.06.2008 work continued according to the planned closures. Work was performed primarily on objects of the track structure and railway bed, adjustments to trolley wiring and building of traction current lines. Engineering services were rerouted on the bridge over the Svatava. New drains were built for the dispatch building, and then the dismantling of the roof started. Between tracks Nos 4 and 6 at km 208.168 – 208.238 a two-way platform was built for departures of trains from the 4th track to Kraslice, and then the platform between tracks 8 and 10 at the same distance was closed in order to free up space to build the foundations of traction current lines. The closure of the 2nd and 3rd phase of the 1st stage was completed on the date 04.06.08, when there was a TST. At the same time closure activity of the 2nd stage, which will last until 19.11.2008 ,was initiated.
● On 04.06.08 a closure started as part of the 2nd stage, which is fundamental for the year 2008. The existing tracks and points have been ripped up, work is being carried out on drainage, excavation work is being carried out, and the railway bed is being created. On the night of 23.06.08/24.06.08 the bridging construction over the river Svatava was removed and the bridge pillar was demolished. Work was commenced on the foundations of the new pillar and bridge bases. The core of the subway will be excavated at the object of the new subway. In contact places of engineering networks, they will be rerouted, buried deeper and protected, there will be connection and relaying along the line of safety equipment cables, a deepening of the cable route of transverse crossing at transport office. The foundations of the traction current masts are 95% built, and preparations are being made for the fitting of gates, which will be fitted during night-time closures from the middle of July. Anti-noise windows have been measured up and a production specification made.
Report of building director - 5.8.08 (31.5 kB)
Report of building director - 10.9.08 (32.5 kB)
Report of building director - 7.10.08 (48 kB)
Report of building director - 4.11.08 (19.5 kB)
Report of building director - 15.4.09 (52 kB) Update of activity as of date: 15.04.2009
|Designation of construction
according to EU:
|Designation of construction
|Photographs of construction
||Photographs - Modernisation of railway station Sokolov