Electrification of track Letohrad - Lichkov
Electrification of track Letohrad - Lichkov
In April 2008 the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic asked the European Union to co-finance this project from the Operational Programme Transport for the years 2007 – 2013. Anticipated approval of project and allocation of resources by the European Commission – in the second half of 2008.
|Name of project:
||Electrification of track, including PeÚ Letohrad – Lichkov state border,
1st construction Letohrad (out) – Lichkov state border.
||ISPROFIN 327 321 5201
|Project ref. No (MD):
|Date and ref. No of issue
of Decision (EU):
|not yet issued (request No: 42/2008-430-PPR)
||Cohesion Fund, Operational Programme Transport 2007 - 2013
|Place of project:
||Letohrad – Lichkov – state border Poland
|Start and end of construction:
||15.8.2007 – 30.6.2009
|Total costs of construction:
|Contribution from European
|not yet approved (1.275.456.665 CZK)
||Railway Infrastructure Administration, state organisation (RIA)
Prague 8, Prvního pluku 367/5, postcode 186 00
|Ministry of Transport of Czech Republic
State Transport Infrastructure Fund (STIF)
|Client – construction investor:
||Railway Infrastructure Administration, state organisation (RIA)
|Contractor of project for
construction and authorial
|SUDOP Brno, a.s., Kounicova 26, 611 36 Brno
||RIA, Civil Engineering Administration Prague, Sokolovská 1955/278, 190 00 Praha 9
Ústí nad Labem, Železničářská land-reg. No 1385, postcode 400 03
Viamont DSP a.s. – leading member of association
SSŽ a.s. – member of association
SKANSKA DS a.s. – member of association
||ref. No: 20-0480/06-10826-DÚ/Sj
|Head of construction:
||Bedřich Šafařík, Viamont DSP a.s.
|Aims of project:
||The aim of the project is the comprehensive reconstruction of the track structure and railway bed, including artificial structures, safety equipment and newly established trolley wiring of electrical current on a track which is part of the trans-European transport network. The implementation of this project will contribute to the attainment of the global target of priority axis 1, which is an improvement in rail transport on the TEN-T network, and in compliance with this aim it contributes to an improvement in transport availability in the given area. At the same time the implementation of this project and the implementation of specific aims of the priority route, which is the modernisation and development of railway tracks on the TEN-T network, including railway nodes, is ensured.
The subject of this project are pre-electrification adjustments and the electrification of the track in the given section (loading class D4 UIC, axle weight rating 22.5 t, loading gauge UIC GC). Improving the quality of the track's technical parameters allows the attainment of full operability, elimination of local restrictions on track speed, its increase to up to 90 km/h and thus reduction in journey time for passenger and freight traffic. The implementation of the project will result in an improvement in operational safety, the culture of travelling, reduction in negative influences of railway traffic on inhabitants (anti-noise measures), improvement in the availability of transport for persons with reduced mobility and thus a significant improvement in the quality of services in passenger and freight transport. After the end of the project the track will comply with European parameters.
|1. At present all the train traffic in the section Letohrad – Lichkov – state border is powered by independent motor traction, the linked track section Letohrad – Ústí nad Orlicí is already electrified using a 3 kV, DC traction current system. The main significance of the electrification of the track Letohrad - Lichkov state border consists primarily of the running of intercity express trains and transit freight trains on northern circuit - Poland (Szczecin, Gdynia, Gdansk, Poznan, Wroclav) - Czech Republic – Slovakia – Hungary and also south of Europe in electrical traction without the current without change of locomotives at the railway station Letohrad and thus a reduction in journey times and increase in the attractiveness of international transport via and to the Czech Republic. The electrified track Letohrad – Lichkov – state border connects from the north with the adjacent Polish Rail track (PKP Polskie linie kolejowe S.A.), which at the same time as the electrification of the track Letohrad – Lichkov state border will be electrified in the section of the state border PR – CR to the railway station Międzylesie, where it links up with the already electrified line Międzylesie – Bystrzyca Kłodska – Wrocław. The elimination of locomotive changing in Letohrad and Międzylesie will significantly increase the section speed between Poland and the Czech Republic. The relevant track is part of the AGTC agreement. The construction of track electrification, including pre-electrification alterations, will ensure an increase in the reliability and safety of operation with attainment of qualitatively higher parameters from the aspect of transit and improved transport speed. The purpose of the construction is to put the track section into a construction technical and operational state in such a way as corresponds to the parameters designated in the agreements prepared at the level of the European Union and International Railway Union (UIC).
2. Adjustments to tracks, railway body, artificial constructions, in particular bridges, technological equipment – safety, communication equipment, strong-current technology, automated dispatcher management system, lighting, strong-current circuits, heating of exchangers, traction current lines - to required parameters are attained in compliance with the requirements to which the Czech Republic undertook by the acceptance of international agreements. The construction is a linear one which in the planned scope has no fundamental territorial nor other demands or requirements for alteration of neighbouring areas. Work on the railway body focuses on the renovation of the ground base, building of drainage, reconstruction of track structure, reconstruction of bridging objects and culverts, replacement of and laying of cables, reconstruction and building of new traction current lines, building of new 3 kV, DC traction supply station (converter station) and 3 kV, DC switching station. The internal alterations of railway buildings or construction of new technological objects will conform in terms of architectural style with the surrounding development. The implementation of the construction will not change the character of the railway line as it is already stabilised over the long term. The relevant construction starts at km 90.875 (outside Letohrad) and ends at km 113.251 (state border Czech Republic - Poland), including railway station Lichkov (km 110.821- 95.123) and km 95.123 – km 90.268 (railway station Dolní Lipka) of the track section Lichkov – Hanušovice.
3. Track structure and railway bed. In order to achieve an axle weight rating of 22.5 t and long-term viability of the track after electrification it is necessary to perform an extensive reconstruction of track structure on the main tracks, primarily using regenerated R65 material on concrete SB 8P. sleepers. In connection with the reconstruction of track structure there will also be a reconstruction of crossing constructions. The new crossing constructions are designed as all-rubber constructions made of outer and inner panels, including concrete closing walls in contact with the bituminous construction of roads. The relevant part of the road surface adjacent to the railway crossing will be made from bitumen in the scope of the given directional, width and gradient arrangement. In order to prevent rainwater running from the road to the crossing construction, in the places of the given gradient conditions an IZM 217/10 gutter of the necessary length will be installed. According to the loading of the construction of the road either a heavy bituminous construction (type A) or light construction (type B) will be established. The establishment of construction layers of sleeper foundation and drainage is proposed in all sections with reconstruction of track structure, with the exception of short sections in stations. The dimensions of the construction of the sleeper foundations were designed on the basis of a geotechnical survey. The individual types of constructions of sleeper foundation are assigned to the corresponding reinforced constructions of sleeper foundation at the bridges and crossings. The drainage of the base layers of the railway bed consists of reinforced ditches, drains and ditch walls. One integral part of the adjustments of the railway bed is an adjustment of the dimensions and shape of the railway body.
4. As part of the construction there will be a reconstruction of the platforms at the stops Verměřovice, Jamné nad Orlicí, Mladkov (90m). In the railway station Jablonné nad Orlicí a two-sided platform with level access between the existing tracks No 1 and 4, length 175 m and height 550 mm above the rail surface will be created. In the railway station Těchonín the existing gravel platform was reconstructed as a platform with solid platform edge and length of 90 m. In the railway station Lichkov, after the demolition of the existing track No 2 there will be a two-sided platform with level access and length of 175 m and a height of 550 mm above the rail surface. SUDOP platform panels will be used on all the reconstructed platforms.
5. Bridging objects and culverts, artificial structures. In order to attain the transit standards for electrical locomotives and railway wagons, a total of 52 culverts and 10 bridges will be reconstructed as part of this construction. After implementation of the construction all the objects will comply with the loading class D4 at a speed of 80 kmh-1 . In the construction the supporting and breast walls and securing of slopes is also dealt with.
6. Safety equipment. In all the intra-station sections of the construction category 3 safety devices will be built – automatic signal boxes with axle counters and crossing dependency. For the connection of new track safety equipment there will be the necessary adjustments of the existing SZZ at railway station Letohrad and Dolní Lipka. In the intra-station Miedzylesie (PKP) – Lichkov there is a proposal for a new track safety device of the automatic signal box type (AH 88), without signal box on track the station part of which is part of the relevant SZZ and which complies with the conditions for category 3 safety equipment pursuant to TNŽ 34 2620. One part of this construction is the remote control of the safety equipment from the railway station Lichkov, which will serve as a regional dispatch centre (RDC). One part of the alterations of the safety equipment of the track is the reconstruction of crossing light safety devices at 26 crossings. The location of new technological devices of SZZ is mainly dealt with in the existing adapted rooms, in part in the existing objects, in part demolished and consequently rebuilt (adaptation store in Jablonné n.O.) and in the case of the railway station Těchonín in the new masonry object.
7. Communication equipment. In all stations and for connection of the new RD objects at the crossings and technological objects there will be new local cabling, and a 36-fibre optical cable will be laid along with the metallic track cable, in the section Lichkov – state border. For the purposes of remote track management an integrated ITZ device will be built in all stations, and it will replace the existing ATU, connectors and PA control, and in addition a new clock system controlled by DCFR signal will be created, on all shunting lines a new backup connector will be created, in the new buildings there will be communication circuits for telephones and clocks. PA for passengers will be established in the railway stations Jablonné n.O. and Lichkov. In the stations, substation Jablonné n.O. and 3 kV switching station Lichkov state border central electrical security and fire protection will be built, in the railway stations Jablonné n.O. and Lichkov a local radio system will be added or built, as will a new SOE radio system for the needs of traction current lines maintenance and electrical control centre communications. For the purposes of remote control of safety equipment and the purposes of the control centre control equipment, on the track new portable PCM class 3 equipment will be installed which runs to all railway stations. At the same time the connection of the channels to the electrical control centre in Česká Třebova is dealt with.
8. Electrical traction, power and electrical wiring. For the powering of the 3 kV, DC traction current system of the section Letohrad – state border with Poland, a traction substation TM Jablonné n. O. will be built with installed output of 2x 4.95 MW with power from the circuit 22 kV TS 110/22 kV Jablonné n. O., and at the state border there will be a 3 kV, DC switching station with measurement of electrical work. The new traction current lines are designed according to the type configuration "J" – 3 kV for direct current traction with addition of basic configuration in compliance with the requirements of the power calculations. At the same time the area of traction current lines deals with the connection of static 3 kV converters for powering safety equipment and equipment for the heating of exchangers. The resolution of the contact of traction current lines at the state border ČD - PKP was mutually agreed from the technical aspect with designers of SUDOP Brno s.r.o. and ELEKOL Wrocław with the participation of representatives of PKP PLK S.A., OR Wrocław at a working meeting on the date 16.6.2005 at SUDOP Brno s.r.o.. In the construction there is a resolution of the power supply for railway stations and stops, outside lighting of railways stops and stations, including area of new substation in Jablonné n.O., remote control of sectional disconnectors of traction current lines with connection to the DŘT system. In railway stations electrical heating of points is being built in the scope arising from the requirements of safety equipment and transport technology with power from traction current lines using 3 kV static converters or from the low-voltage distribution system. As part of the construction there will be relocation and adjustments of low and medium voltage wiring of the former VČE a.s. (now ČEZ Distribuce a.s) or urban street lighting wiring which coincides with the construction. The new 3 kV, DC traction current station (substation) in Jablonné n.O. will be connected by 22 kV double cable wiring from the 110/22 kV ČEZ Distribuce a.s. distribution circuit in Jablonné n.O.. The electrical equipment will be managed centrally from the ED electrical dispatcher control station in Česká Třebova. The control of the power devices of the individual technological wholes is performed by the electrical dispatcher, from where the individual technological objects in the railway stations Jablonné n.O., railway station Těchonín, railway station Lichkov, substation Jablonné n.O. and 3 kV switching station Lichkov state border will be controlled.
9. Building objects. In addition to alterations of the current SDC objects in Letohrad for the social facilities for the traction current lines workshop, adaptation store for location of new station safety equipment and alterations to DK VB railway station Jablonné n.O., new construction of building of new SZZ in railway station Těchonín, including connections of engineering networks, adaptation store for location of new station safety equipment, adjustments to DK VB railway station Lichkov and construction alterations to VB railway station Dolní Lipka, new building of substation in v railway station Jablonné n.O. including engineering networks, paved surfaces etc., construction of 3 kV switching station in Lichkov km 112.800 and 23 prefabricated concrete relay housings at crossings.
10. Anti-noise measures. On the basis of a noise study prepared as part of the project of the construction, in the area of Verměřovice, Těchonín, Celný there is a proposal for a total of 1 503 m of primarily absorption anti-noise walls and individual anti-noise measures (replacement of windows) for 225 objects in Verměřovice, Jablonné n.O., Těchonín, Celný, Mladkov and in v Lichkov.
|Course of construction:
||● The project was completed in 08/2006.
● The contract for work between RIA, state organisation, and Association Lichkov was signed on 15.8.2007.
● The start of work was designated in the contract as August 2007, the handover of the site was performed immediately in connection with the signature of the contract.
● Construction started with a traffic closure on the date 20.8.2007, implementation of SO and PS according to approved HMG, 1st stage – reconstruction of railway station Lichkov and track section Lichkov – state border with Poland.
● At the end of January 2008 work started with the felling of vegetation, and from February to April work was performed on traction current lines during daily closures - concreting of foundations and construction of masts, drainage was built on the railway bed.
● The main non-stop closures were commenced by construction on 21.4.2008 in the section Jablonné n.O. - Těchonín, railway station Těchonín and Těchonín – Lichkov, also 5.5.2008 in the section Letohrad - Jablonné n.O. and railway station Jablonné n.O.
● In the period from 3.6.2008 to 15.7.2008 in the entire section Letohrad – Lichkov the ballast bed was dug out, apart from the crossing constructions which were left. Work is being conducted on the railway bed on drainage (digging out non-reinforced ditches, laying guttering, laying drains, cable crossings). Work continued on the stabilisation of the ground base and laying gravel (approximately 12 km of gravel laid). In the section Jablonné n.O. - Lichkov the culverts and bridges are already clear , it remains to complete 3 bridges (2x Jablonné n.O., 1x Sobkovice). In the section Letohrad – Jablonné n.O. it remains to complete the culvert at km 93.764, otherwise the culverts and bridges are 90 % ready (they are clear but do not have ledges, railing). Work is underway on the securing of slopes where a rough cleaning of the rock faces has been performed and rubble has been removed (Verměřovice). In the section Těchonín – Lichkov a net has been placed across the rock faces, completion work is ongoing. On the track structure work was commenced at the station Jablonné – partially laid. Continuation of regeneration work on track fields of MZ in Borohrádek, adjustment of track No 3 performed at railway station Lichkov, and contactless track completed in section railway station Lichkov - state border. In the railway station Lichkov construction work was completed on the adaptation store for SZZT for assembly of technology, and it was handed over, and construction work was also completed on the transport office. In Těchonín a new operational building is being completed. In Jablonné nad Orlicí the technological part at the substation building for assembly of equipment has been handed over, and completion work is ongoing on the administrative part of the building. At the adaptation store for SZZT completion construction work is ongoing on the outer insulating coating of the building, the object is prepared for handover for the fitting of technology. In the context of IPO work is continuing on the replacement of windows in the entire section Letohrad – Lichkov, and work is continuing on the remaining foundation bases and columns for PHS in Letohrad – Orlice, installation of bases of PHS in Verměřovice, PHS in railway station Jablonné nad Orlicí is almost complete. The dismantling of the current safety equipment has been completed in the entire section. Excavation work is continuing, and cables have been laid in the entire section of the construction. Assembly commenced on technology of station safety equipment at railway station Lichkov and points Těchonín, alterations of safety equipment at railway station Dolní Lipka. Crossing housings according to PS fitted on ongoing basis, and subsequent fitting of their technology is being performed. Continuing work on reconstruction of lighting tower at railway stations Jablonné and Lichkov (painting, replacement of cabling and lights), excavations of cable routes, laying of PVC gutters, low-voltage cables in entire section of construction. Main cable routes at railway station Lichkov, railway station Jablonné n. O. and stop Jamné n. O. completed. Continuing fitting of technology on switching station and low-voltage circuit in Lichkov and substation in Jablonné nad Orlicí, work on low-voltage connections for low-voltage circuits in Lichkov and Těchonín. Foundations for traction current line masts completed in entire section Letohrad – Lichkov. Work ongoing on building of traction current lines gates at railway station Lichkov, and fitting of masts, in section Lichkov - state border work continuing on traction current lines (running cable, work on power hanger). Track in direction of Poland still out of operation until further notice.
● Work on all objects, including new safety equipment apart from trolley wiring, will end on 30.9.2008. In view of the fact that the Polish side announced the end of work as of 31.8.2008 in the associated part of the track from the state border to Miedzylesie, from this date the equipment of the traction current working will be in operation in the section state border Poland – Lichkov, railway station Lichkov, including completion of work on rail structure and track bed and functional safety equipment. Powering of the traction current lines is planned from the Polish side. All the deadlines designated above for the completion of the individual stages of construction remain valid. It is not possible to bring forward the deadline for putting the trolley wiring into operation (27.11.2008) without an increase in capacities. There have been two discussions with the Polish side about cooperation in the area of track structure and trolley wiring and start of operation.
ŘKD press release No 8 (39 kB)
Update of activity as of date: 20.04.2009
|Designation of construction
according to EU:
|Designation of construction Letohrad - Lichkov
|Photographs of construction
||Photographs - Letohrad - Lichkov